2015년 11월 14일 토요일

Blogpost #5


Production and Ownership of Knowledge

 

There are many things that I learned about production and ownership of knowledge. First of all, I changed my writing method. It means that my production is not written on the paper. Previously, my essay was on papered form. As a result, it was really difficult for me to conserve the every single paper that I wrote. However, I learned how to write essay or assignment on my blog. Because Gary, who is my professor of English writing course in this semester, let us make our own blog. Then, he made us write assignment and midterm essay on our blog. Because it was pretty unfamiliar at first-time, I had some difficulties posting my writing on the blog. However, now I’m very skillful at writing and posting something on the internet. Most surprisingly, my essays are still preserved until now. Not only has it remained on my blog, but also many students, who are taught by Gary in this semester, commented on my blog. By communicating with other students by commenting on the blog, I was able to learn and revise the weakness of writing. Secondly, I changed my thought about ownership of knowledge. Before I learned ownership problems from Gary, I quoted and copied any pictures from the internet illegally. However, I put the reference below my essay now. This is because I was taught importance of reference by the comment which is on my midterm draft. The comment said, “Citation makes reliability so you must post reference more evidently.” I realized that adding reference on my writing gives reliability to other readers. For this reasons, I think adding citation makes the credibility of my writing sources and it makes me be more careful about writing reference. Conclusively, blog-posting and inserting citation method that I learned in the Gary’s class made my writing more lasting and reliable.

댓글 2개:

  1. Hi A Hyun,
    I saw your blogpost#5 interestingly. Because your thinking and experience are very similar with me, I read your post very interestingly.
    I had lots of difficulties like you about writing blogs. However, many friends who listened the Gary’s class before help me many ways. Although the blog postings are not familiar to me until now, I do my best in posting. Also I realize to use citation when I borrow other’s picture and writings like you.
    I learn citation is the one way to respect the publisher.

    Thanks,
    Jung Hoon

    답글삭제
  2. Hi A Hyun,
    I think your post is valuable. Not only something you realized;your writing contents, but also your writing skills are very interesting to me. You are different with other students. You know how can write concretely, not abstract. When I read other students' post, I often feel that they are doing just homework, so official and predictable, but your post show your passion of your writing class. Thanks to you, I got a motivation. I promise that I will often visit your blog to read your post.
    Thanks,
    Donghyuk

    답글삭제