2015년 10월 10일 토요일

Blog Draft #2

 

        Unexpected Function of Yellow Dust for Environment
  
 

Many people know that yellow dust has only negative effect on human lives. However, yellow dust is helpful for our environment for 3 reasons.  First of all, yellow dust helps prevent global warming. According to the NOAA, yellow dust cools down the Earth. Aerosol in yellow dust diffuses sunlight, and carbon in the aerosol absorbs sunlight. This lessens sunlight that reaches the ground directly. To be specific, according to the news report of IPCC, aerosol has a -2 degree effect on global temperature. It means that it cools down the Earth 2 degree. Secondly, yellow dust neutralizes acid rain, soil, and lake. Because yellow dust contains alkaline substances, it helps neutralize the acid in rain. Moreover, there is 12% of lime in yellow dust; lime and magnesium oxide neutralize soil and lake. Finally, yellow dust is really helpful to plant growth. Magnesium and potassium are very important minerals for plant. As yellow dust supplies these minerals, it helps growth of plants. For example, because rock bed of Korea is consisting of granite, soil is lack of these minerals. In this case, yellow dust is utilized as mineral suppliers. Moreover, according to the Weizmann Institute of Science, Saharan dust supplies minerals on Amazon forest. It shows that yellow dust plays an important role as supplier which gives these minerals. For these reasons, yellow dust is helpful to the environment. Of course, it has some negative effects on human. However, it makes the Earth healthier unexpectedly.


 


NOAA: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
IPCC: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
The Weizmann Institute of Science: The Weizmann Institute of Science is one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary research institutions. Hundreds of scientists, laboratory technicians and research students working on its lushly landscaped campus embark daily on fascinating journeys into the unknown, seeking to improve our understanding of nature and our place within it.

Reference
Image
Yerang, K. (2013, May 22). About yellow dust. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
Footnotes
Moongak, P. (2014, June 3). Weizmann Institute of Science. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
Contents
  (Neutralization)
Muyoung, H. (2011). The Acid Rain. About Acid Rain.
  (Reports of Weizmann Institute of Science)
Moongak, P. (2014, June 3). Weizmann Institute of Science. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
  (Reports of IPCC and NOAA)
Reports of Yellow Dust. (2004, March 1). Retrieved October 9, 2015.

 


댓글 5개:

  1. Hello Ahyun,
    The paragraph was very interesting! I didn't realize that the yellow dust has good points. I think it is nice to the environment without humans(I can't love the yellow dust still). Thank you for the new scientific information! However, I think you should write more exact citation. I suggest you to visit the website "http://citationmachine.net," and rewrite the citation in APA style.
    Best wishes,
    Yang Joon Yong

    답글삭제
  2. Hi A Hyun,
    Your paragraph topic is cool and unexpected. I thought yellow dust from China is no useful and harmful to everything before I read your paragraph. Anyway, it is good news that yellow dusts helps our environment, but not good news to our lungs.
    Thanks to realize me about good effects of yellow dust.
    Best wishes,
    Jung Hoon

    답글삭제
  3. Hi Ahyun,

    I'm glad to read your paragraph. Your topic is really interesting to me. I didn’t know yellow dust is helpful to environment. Reasons about the advantages of yellow dust are very clear. I am glad I know that even now.
    Thanks for informative facts,
    Dongsik Kim.

    답글삭제
  4. Hello Ahyun,
    I am surprised after reding your post. I trust Yellow dust effects only negative things. I think it is media's effect that we have a prejudice. I hope the site of information extracted is posted.
    Thank for help to overcome my prejudice.
    Jeongseob

    답글삭제
  5. Dear Ahyun,
    Your topic is so attractive because it is against common knowledge. It breaks my stereotype that Yellow Dust has only negative effects on environment. Explanation is specialized, so I can understand principal of reasons why Yellow Dust is good for environment. However, I think there are unnecessary sentence to make your topic sentence unclear. That is “Of course it has many negative effect.” Your controlling idea is helpful for our environment, but readers might recall its negative effect when they read it. Finally, there is a small mistake in spelling. You need to change a word ‘ueutralize’ to ‘neutralize’ on line 12. I wish you will write a developed article in final draft. Good luck!

    Have a nice day,
    Jongbum

    답글삭제